Water is needed for all life on earth. It’s one of the main staples of our diet and our most precious resources. And we need it in order to live and breath.
In addition, the physical benefits of drinking water are many. Below are just a few examples.
- It may make your skin look better: The skin is an organ. As a matter of fact it’s our largest organ. And like the rest of our organs, our skin is made of cells. And all our cells are made up of water. If our skin is not getting enough water it will become dry, tight and flaky. Dry skin is more prone to wrinkling.
- Help your kidneys cleanse the body from toxin. Water helps to prevent kidney stone. If there’s sufficient water they form less easily. In addition water helps flush out bacteria hence helps preventing urinary tract infections.
- Help your body digest food: An additional physical benefits of drinking water is that it helps the stomach to digest food. Especially it’s essential for digesting soluble fiber.
- It will make you less hungry hence help with your weight loss. If you are on a weight loss journey water can be a very valuable tool. From my own experience keeping a water bottle on your office desk will reduce the amount of unhealthy snack you eat. It fills your belly and create a feeling of fullness.
- It will provide extra fuel to your muscles. Another physical benefits of drinking water that’s not so well known is it can help you perform better at the gym. Dehydrated muscles will be weaker compared to when fully hydrated. Drink plenty of water before the gym and bring sufficient water.
Now when we know the physical benefits of drinking water, my recommendation is to drink plenty of water right after you wakeup and before any meals. That will help you to curb your appetite and prevent you from overeating. If you think water taste blend or boring, you can spice it up adding some lime or citrus.
With that being said, it pays off being aware that our water may not be of the quality that we expect. Sadly, we all remember the recent water scandal in Flint, Michigan that exposed a whole city to high levels of lead. Lead is not the only toxic we have to worry about. Our water may also contain mercury, nitrates, pesticides, and asbestos. In addition some people’s water taste chlorine. So what can be done to safely enjoy healthy water?
Luckily for us there’s a solution. In my opinion the best and most affordable option is to buy a water filter. Water filters come in many shapes and products and I’ve used them for years. They give me peace of mind and in addition the water taste better. Since I’ve accumulated a bit of knowledge about water filters, I’ve put together a guide to help others.
Filtered Water Bottles
When I go to the gym, I always bring my filtered water bottle with me. It’s lightweight, fashionable, and has a built in water filter so I can safely fill it from any tap. The manufacturer claims you can even drink water from natural sources like a river, but I’ve not tried that. In addition to giving me clean water, it also gives me a clean conscious. Since I don’t need to buy bottled water anymore it’s a very environment friendly solution.
I have owned this filtered water bottle from LifeStraw for two years and I highly recommend it.
Filtered Water Pitcher
Before I installed my drinking water filtration system, I used a filtered water pitcher from Brita. The beauty of this product is that you’ll fill it up with tap water and place it into your refrigerator. Shortly thereafter you have cold and clean water. The best tasting water I’ve ever had was from this pitcher.
I have this 10 Cup BPA Free water pitcher from Brita
Water Filtration System
Now I’ve installed a drinking water filtration system under my sink. It’s been a game changer and I don’t need to worry about my water anymore. I always have healthy water. It removes most of the toxic that I’m worried about and the installation was very easy. I did it myself.
I have this filtration system from Apec Water Systems.